A premier show cave in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
Ingleborough Cave, in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, is a popular and adventurous day out for all the family. Follow in the footsteps of the early Victorian explorers, who first discovered the cave in 1837, as you journey through 450 million years of geology and history, discovering spectacular formations in one of the U.K’s must see natural wonders!
A well-laid concrete path allows you to comfortably traverse 500 metres underneath Ingleborough mountain, one of the famous Yorkshire Three Peaks.
Discrete lighting displays awe-inspiring calcite flowstones, stalactites and stalagmites at their best. This really is one of the country’s natural wonders.
An expert guide will help you to interpret the features, enhancing your experience.
At the end of the path, the cave will be seen disappearing into the distance. Even after all this time, explorations in the far extremities of the system continue to unravel the secrets of this hidden world.
In fact, cavers unearthed remains of a wooly rhinoceros from just beyond the end of the path as recently as 2001!
- Ingleborough Cave: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g1237928-d3511354-Reviews-Ingleborough_Cave-Clapham_Yorkshire_Dales_National_Park_North_Yorkshire_England.html
- Ingleborough Estate Nature Trail: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g1237928-d12478901-Reviews-Ingleborough_Estate_Nature_Trail-Clapham_Yorkshire_Dales_National_Park_North_Yo.html
- Ingleborough Cave: https://twitter.com/IngleborougCave
- Ingleborough Estate Nature Trail: https://twitter.com/IngleboroughENT
- Ingleborough Cave: https://www.facebook.com/IngleboroughCave/
- Ingleborough Estate Nature Trail: https://www.facebook.com/IngleboroughEstateNatureTrail/
The cave is open daily from the beginning of the February half-term to the end of October half term. It is open at weekends during the winter months.
Tours start on the hour, every hour, from 10am to 4pm (5pm during school holidays, 3pm during the winter months). At busier times tours also leave on the half hour.
In the winter, visits may be made mid-week for private groups, by appointment.
Telephone: 01524 251242
- Nature Trail
- Car Parking
- Shop guided
- Guided Tours
- Dogs On Lead